Data ProtectionCourse Status:
Data protection is becoming an increasingly important issue. In the last few years, the level and seriousness of incidences have been increasing – we have all seen headlines relating to issues such as:
- Customer bank account details sent to the wrong people
- Airline apps allowing people to access passengers boarding passes
- Photocopies of passports left in a skip on a busy city street
- Psychiatric reports found in a rented house
- Student grant applications visible on a founders website
With more and more organisations using computers to store and process personal information there is a danger the information could be misused or get into the wrong hands. What are our rights as individuals to control how information about us is stored and accessed? Who controls the information? Who can see it? Where does it end up? What precautions are in place to keep it safe?
In this Data Protection course we answer these questions.
On completion of this training course, you will be able to:
- Define data protection
- Understand the rights of individuals under Data Protection Legislation
- Describe the roles of Data Controllers and Data Processors
- Describe the 8 fundamental rules of data protection, and the safeguards in place to protect data when it is transferred to other countries.
- Describe the elements of data security
Who is this course for?
This course is suitable for managers and professionals who deal with personal data. It is also suitable for anyone with an interest in data protection.
This particular Course consists of 5 video lessons organised into one module. Each video is approximately 7 to 12 minutes in length.
At the end of each video lesson there is a quiz that will test your knowledge of the material. A transcript is available for each lesson so you can real along with the video or download and print to study later. This course is completely self-paced. Watch and study when and wherever you want.
The lesson breakdown for this course is as follows:
- Introduction to Data Protection
- Data Controllers and Data Processors
- Fundamental Rules of Data Protection
- Transfer of Data
- Data Security
On successful completion of this course all students will be awarded a People of Process Certificate of Completion. This certificate confirms you have completed all the video lessons for every module and fully met all the requirements of the course.
To achieve this award all the assessment quizzes for each lesson must be passed. The pass grade for each quiz is 80%.You can retake lesson quizzes as often as you like.
Each lesson in this course has its own assessment quiz. These quizzes will test your understanding of the course material and your ability to apply the knowledge learned to real world marketing situations. It is recommended that you watch the video lesson several times and study the lesson transcript before attempting the quiz.
To successfully complete the course you must pass the assessment quiz for each lesson. The passing grade for each lesson quiz is 80%