Employment LawCourse Status:
The aim of this course is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence in the principles of Irish employment law and the statutory frameworks which regulate the employment relationship.
This course provides the learner with an insight into the different topics of employment legislation and how statutory bodies are used in its implementation.
On completion of this training course, you will be able to:
- Understand the raft of Irish employment legislation and the bodies charged with dealing with disputes.
- Understand the types of employment contracts and their main elements.
- Understand how the Working time Act 1997 is applied.
- Appreciate the different types of Protective Leave available to employees.
- Understand the different forms of workplace discrimination and how complaints are dealt with.
- Appreciate how Health and Safety legislation is applied in the workplace.
- Understand mechanisms for dealing with Industrial Relations.
Who is this course for?
This course is ideal for those that are new to management or who may be looking to form a company and would like to establish appropriate policies and procedures.
This course is also beneficial to those working Human Resources who wish to expand their knowledge of employment law.
This particular course consists of 7 video lessons. Each video is approximately 4 to 10 minutes in length. At the end of each video lesson there is a quiz that will test your knowledge of the material. A transcript is available for each lesson so you can real along with the video or download and print to study later. This course is completely self-paced. Watch and study when and wherever you want.
The lesson breakdown for this course is as follows:
- Lesson 1: Employment Legislation
- Lesson 2: Contracts of Employment
- Lesson 3: The Working Time Act
- Lesson 4: Protective Leave
- Lesson 5: Equality and Discrimination
- Lesson 6: Safety, Health and Welfare at Work
- Lesson 7: Industrial Relations
On successful completion of this course all students will be awarded a People of Process Certificate of Completion. This certificate confirms you have completed all the video lessons for every module and fully met all the requirements of the course.
To achieve this award all the assessment quizzes for each lesson must be passed. The pass grade for each quiz is 80%.You can retake lesson quizzes as often as you like.
Each lesson in this course has its own assessment quiz. These quizzes will test your understanding of the course material and your ability to apply the knowledge learned to real world marketing situations. It is recommended that you watch the video lesson several times and study the lesson transcript before attempting the quiz.
To successfully complete the course you must pass the assessment quiz for each lesson. The passing grade for each lesson quiz is 80%.