Energy ManagementCourse Status:
Hello and welcome to this training course on Energy Management.
In these times of global warming and climate change the importance of energy management both at home and at work cannot be understated.
We are all charged with reducing our energy consumption and in so doing helping to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
In this training course learners are provided with the skills and knowledge in estimating energy usage and in identifying energy improvement projects.
On completion of this training course, you will be able to:
• understand the units of energy, power and efficiency and the different energy conversions.
• understand systems of energy generation, transmission and distribution in Ireland.
• identify the main elements in utility bills for domestic, commercial and industrial users.
• understand how to design and implement energy audits.
• understand methods of energy saving in the home.
• understand methods of energy saving in business.
Who is this course for?
This course is ideal for those who are looking to make energy improvements in their work environment.
This course is also appropriate for those who wish to monitor and reduce their energy usage at home.
The course is divided into 5 lessons:
• Lesson 1: Energy Use and Conversion
• Lesson 2: Energy Supply and Demand
• Lesson 3: Understanding Energy Bills
• Lesson 4: Conducting Energy Audits
• Lesson 5: Energy Efficiency for the Home
• Lesson 6: Energy Efficiency for Business
How to navigate the course
Lessons are all presented in video format, and there’s a transcript you can follow as you watch. If you like, you can download the video transcript to revise later on. In this course, each new lesson builds on previous information, so it’s best to follow the lessons in order. Similarly, you should follow each module in sequence as you first go through the course. All registered users have unlimited access to video lessons and transcripts, and you can repeat each video as often as you like.
There’s a discussion forum attached to this course. You’ll find the discussion forum on the course homepage. In this forum you can chat to other students and leave questions and comments on the course.
If you have any difficulties navigating the course, see the support section for help.
The Assessment Method
There’s a quiz at the end of each lesson to test your understanding of the material. To successfully complete this course, you must pass the quiz for each lesson. Once all the lessons have been completed, you can then download and print the People & Process completion certificate.
So, let’s get started! In the next lesson entitled “Energy Use and Conversion” we will look at the types of energy and the importance of efficiency in energy conversion.