Food Safety Level 2
Food Safety Level 2Course Status:
Hello and welcome to this training course on Food Safety Level 2.
Providing adequate food safety training to everyone who handles food in a business is essential to protecting customers from food poisoning, allergic reactions and other health risks that could occur from eating contaminated food.
This training programme builds on the Food Safety Level 1 induction training. In this food safety training, we outline the additional food safety skills that an employee who works with food should be able to demonstrate within 6-12 months of joining the company.
On completion of this training course, you will be able to:
• Understand the legal responsibilities of food safety handlers and employers.
• Understand the different types of food bacteria, their conditions for growth and their effects on consumed food.
• Understand how HACCP controls are implemented in the workplace
• Apply best practise in food safety during food preparation, cooking, transportation and storage
• Understand the application of the correct cleaning procedures to ensure food safety.
• Understand the requirements for communication and control of food allergens.
• Understand the requirements for maintaining good records , dealing with complaints, returns and assisting in food safety audits.
Who is this course for?
This course is ideal for those who are working in premises in the food sector and who need to learn the skills of food safety.
This course is also appropriate for anyone that is supplying services to the food sector.
The course is divided into 7 lessons:
• Lesson 1: Legal Responsibilities for Food Safety
• Lesson 2: Bacterial Growth and Food Borne Illness
• Lesson 3: HACCP Controls
• Lesson 4: Food Preparation, Cooking, Transportation and Storage
• Lesson 5: Cleaning Procedures
• Lesson 6: Food Allergens and Controls
• Lesson 7: Food Safety Records, Audits and Complaints
Lessons are all presented in video format, and there’s a transcript you can follow as you watch. If you like, you can download the video transcript to revise later on. In this course, each new lesson builds on previous information, so it’s best to follow the lessons in order. Similarly, you should follow each module in sequence as you first go through the course. All registered users have unlimited access to video lessons and transcripts, and you can repeat each video as often as you like.
There’s a discussion forum attached to this course. You’ll find the discussion forum on the course homepage. In this forum you can chat to other students and leave questions and comments on the course.
If you have any difficulties navigating the course, see the support section for help.
The Assessment Method
There’s a quiz at the end of each lesson to test your understanding of the material. To successfully complete this course, you must pass the quiz for each lesson. Once all the lessons have been completed, you can then download and print the People & Process completion certificate.
So let’s get started!
In the next lesson entitled “Legal Responsibilities for Food Safety“, we will look at the requirement for good hygiene practices and how these are implemented.