Introduction to Bioprocessing
Introduction to BioprocessingCourse Status:
The aim of this course is to provide the learner with an insight into how biotechnology has evolved into different fields of use and applications around bioprocessing.
It also provides an insight into the regulatory requirements around bioprocessing pharmaceutical products and how contamination is controlled.
On completion of this training course, you will be able to:
- Understand how biotechnology has evolved into different fields of use and applications around bioprocessing.
- Understand the use of Bioprocessing in the production of pharmaceutical products.
- Understand the microbiology of growing organisms that can be used for pharmaceutical products.
- identify the steps of manufacture of pharmaceutical product from cell cultures, through fermentation to harvesting, purifying and filling product.
- Examine the regulatory requirements around bioprocessing pharmaceutical products and how contamination is controlled
Who is this course for?
This course is ideal for those that are new to the life science sector and who want to learn about bioprocessing.
This course is also beneficial to those working in life sciences but looking to expand their knowledge into bioprocessing.
This particular course consists of 8 video lessons. Each video is approximately 4 to 10 minutes in length. At the end of each video lesson there is a quiz that will test your knowledge of the material. A transcript is available for each lesson so you can real along with the video or download and print to study later. This course is completely self-paced. Watch and study when and wherever you want.
The lesson breakdown for this course is as follows:
- Biotechnology – History and Applications
- Growing Organisms
- Biopharmaceutical Manufacturing
- Contamination Control
On successful completion of this course all students will be awarded a People of Process Certificate of Completion. This certificate confirms you have completed all the video lessons for every module and fully met all the requirements of the course.
To achieve this award all the assessment quizzes for each lesson must be passed. The pass grade for each quiz is 80%.You can retake lesson quizzes as often as you like.
Each lesson in this course has its own assessment quiz. These quizzes will test your understanding of the course material and your ability to apply the knowledge learned to real world marketing situations. It is recommended that you watch the video lesson several times and study the lesson transcript before attempting the quiz.
To successfully complete the course you must pass the assessment quiz for each lesson. The passing grade for each lesson quiz is 80%.