Manual HandlingCourse Status:
The aim of this course is to equip the learner with the skills and competencies to be able to carry out safe manual handling in the workplace and reduce the likelihood of injury.
On completion of this training course, you will be able to:
- Understand why manual handling instruction is critical in the workplace.
- Understand the legal requirements in relation to manual handling.
- Understand the anatomy of the back and how risks to back injury are addressed.
- Appreciate ergonomic principles and risk assessment.
- Understand the 8 principles of Safe Manual Handling.
- Be able to apply manual handling techniques to tasks in the workplace.
Who is this course for?
This course is ideal for those that are new to work situations where manual handling may be required or those who require refresher training.
This course is also beneficial to those who need to manage the risks of operations where manual handling may be required.
This particular course consists of 4 video lessons. Each video is approximately 3 to 11 minutes in length. At the end of each video lesson there is a quiz that will test your knowledge of the material. A transcript is available for each lesson so you can real along with the video or download and print to study later. This course is completely self-paced. Watch and study when and wherever you want.
The course is divided into 4 lessons:
- Lesson 1: Why we Need Manual Handling Instruction
- Lesson 2: Anatomy and Back Care
- Lesson 3: Ergonomics in the Workplace
- Lesson 4: Manual Handling – Principles and Techniques
On successful completion of this course all students will be awarded a People of Process Certificate of Completion. This certificate confirms you have completed all the video lessons for every module and fully met all the requirements of the course.
To achieve this award all the assessment quizzes for each lesson must be passed. The pass grade for each quiz is 80%.You can retake lesson quizzes as often as you like.
Each lesson in this course has its own assessment quiz. These quizzes will test your understanding of the course material and your ability to apply the knowledge learned to real world marketing situations. It is recommended that you watch the video lesson several times and study the lesson transcript before attempting the quiz.
To successfully complete the course you must pass the assessment quiz for each lesson. The passing grade for each lesson quiz is 80%