Piping SystemsCourse Status:
In this course we look at pipe work systems for water, air, steam, fuel oil, chemicals and fire protection.
On completion of this training course, you will be able to:
- Explain the requirement to select the correct type of piping material for chemical piping systems
- Identify and describe acids commonly used in commercial processes and what type of pipe would be suitable for this application.
- Identify caustics commonly used in commercial processes and the considerations for selecting piping materials.
- Describe a typical compressed air piping system and the safety guidelines that apply when work is being carried out.
- Describe a typical fuel oil piping system and specify considerations for selection of materials for fuel oil piping systems.
- Describe a typical steam piping system and explain how the properties of steam influence the type of piping material to be selected.
- Identify the different types of water piping systems and describe considerations for selecting piping materials.
- Distinguish between the following types of fire sprinkler systems and their various applications • wet pipe • dry pipe • deluge water spray • ESFR • dry chemical • wet and dry riser • foam water
- Classify the various types of valves and components used in fire sprinkler systems.
- Explain the requirement for standard identification system on pipe.
Who is this course for?
This course is ideal for those that are new to the engineering sector and who want to learn about piping systems.
This course is also beneficial to those working in life sciences but looking to expand their knowledge into bioprocessing.
This particular course consists of 8 video lessons. Each video is approximately 4 to 10 minutes in length. At the end of each video lesson there is a quiz that will test your knowledge of the material. A transcript is available for each lesson so you can real along with the video or download and print to study later. This course is completely self-paced. Watch and study when and wherever you want.
The lesson breakdown for this course is as follows:
- Chemical Piping
- Compressed Air
- Fuel Piping
- Steam Piping I
- Steam Piping II
- Water Piping Systems
- Sprinkler System
- Pipework Identification
On successful completion of this course all students will be awarded a People of Process Certificate of Completion. This certificate confirms you have completed all the video lessons for every module and fully met all the requirements of the course.
To achieve this award all the assessment quizzes for each lesson must be passed. The pass grade for each quiz is 80%.You can retake lesson quizzes as often as you like.
Each lesson in this course has its own assessment quiz. These quizzes will test your understanding of the course material and your ability to apply the knowledge learned to real world marketing situations.
It is recommended that you watch the video lesson several times and study the lesson transcript before attempting the quiz.
To successfully complete the course you must pass the assessment quiz for each lesson. The passing grade for each lesson quiz is 80%