Project ManagementCourse Status:
The business environment is becoming increasingly complex, and we are met with challenging projects involving multiple functions, tasks and stakeholders. We need specific skills and competencies to effectively manage resources, and complete projects within designated timeframes, with assigned resources and project teams.
This project management training programme is designed to provide you with the knowledge, practical skills and understanding required to lead projects to a successful conclusion. It gives the participant the skills to take responsibility for the planning, implementation and review of a project, working independently or supervising the work of others.
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Examine the key principles and concepts underpinning project management theory and practice
- Investigate a range of approaches to project management to include specific tools and techniques used to plan, cost and manage a project
- Communicate project management planning operations using a variety of information channels
- Examine monitoring and evaluation techniques for a project
- Apply appropriate controls and evaluation techniques to achieve project aims and objectives
- Formulate a project management proposal by establishing rationale based on valid needs analysis
- Devise a risk analysis for a project to include the preparation of a contingency plan
- Evaluate the methodology and process of a selected project
- Utilise financial planning and budget models within the context of managing a project
- Manage a project taking corrective action where necessary to meet agreed goals
Who is this course for?
The principles project management are applicable across a wide variety of industries, including service industries. This training programme is ideal for those involved Engineering, IT and business management functions, and those who wish to take the next step in career development, and become confident in using project management methodology and tools to deliver successful projects.
This course is also suited to people new to project management, who wish to develop knowledge of the fundamentals of project management and develop knowledge of the associated tools and methods. This course will provide you with an excellent basis to develop you knowledge and skills.
This Project Management Course consists of 10 modules, containing 34 lessons, each approximately 8 minutes in duration. At the end of each video lesson there is a quiz that will test your knowledge of the material. A transcript is available for each lesson so you can real along with the video or download and print to study later. This course is completely self-paced. Watch and study when and wherever you want.
The lesson breakdown for this course is as follows:
Module 1: Introduction to Project Management
- Introduction to Project Management
- Why projects Fail
- Why Projects Succeed
- Roles and Responsibilities
Module 2: Project Management Skills
- Leadership and Motivation
- Communication Skills
- Team Building
Module 3: Stage 1- Project Kick-off
- Stage Gates
- Project Definition and Scope
- Project Charter
- Project Evaluation
Module 4: Stage 2 – Project Design and Planning
- Project Plan
- Communications Plan
- Resource Planning and Gantt Charts
- Planning Tools: Network Analysis
Module 5: Stage 2 – Managing Risk
- Risk Analysis
- Risk Planning
Module 6: Stage 2 – Financial Assessment and Cost Estimating
- Cost Estimation
- Profitability Indicators
- Time Value Indicators
Module 7: Stage 2 – Quality Management
- What is quality?
- Quality Plan
- Quality Validation
Module 8: Stage 2 – Procurement and Contracts
- Procurement Plan
- Project Procurement Management
- Types of Contract
Module 9: Stage 3 – Project Implementation:
- Implementation Checklist
- Monitoring and Control
- Change Control
Module 10: Stage 4 – Project Close
- Lessons Learned
On successful completion of this course all students will be awarded a People of Process Certificate of Completion. This certificate confirms you have completed all the video lessons for every module and fully met all the requirements of the course. To achieve this award all the assessment quizzes for each lesson must be passed. The pass grade for each quiz is 80%.You can retake lesson quizzes as often as you like.
Progression to Further Study:
Students who successfully complete this programme may progress to our QQI Certificate 6N4090 Level 6 Certificate in Project Management. To see the full requirements for the QQI Certificate visit the course forum for this course.
Each lesson in this course has its own assessment quiz. These quizzes will test your understanding of the course material and your ability to apply the knowledge learned to real world marketing situations.
It is recommended that you watch the video lesson several times and study the lesson transcript before attempting the quiz. To successfully complete the course you must pass the assessment quiz for each lesson. The passing grade for each lesson quiz is 80%